Monday, March 12, 2012

Nurture yourself

I attended a seminar on Saturday at the Chinese Culture Centre. It was very interesting and informative. I met some old friends and made some new ones.  The seminar was called "Nurture Yourself".

The most basic tenet of self nurturing is to take time for yourself. Taking time off allows you to be more efficient when you return to work.

Here are some strategies that I adopted from the seminar. Some of them I've been practising for a while. They really make me happy.

- Keep a diary or a blog;


- Develop an intimate circle of friends;


- Put on your favorite music or radio, sing and dance. -My favorite radio channel is FM 89.7 - French version of Radio Canada.


- Call your best friend for a walk or for coffee;


- Sink into hot tub for a long, luxurious soak at the end of the day- I am doing it every other day at the recreation centre now;

- Snack on your favorite "comfort food."- mine is nuts;

- Meditate, or yoga;

- Express your gratitude on a daily basis; (to God, to family members, to friends, to colleagues...)

- Hug your kids or family members 10 times a day; - I am doing it only five times or less.


- Visit your favorite bookstore or library, and spend a   whole afternoon there;

- Say something kind and positive to a stranger

- Learn a new skill...













We had a rich breakfast and lunch together. The food was delicous!






My friend Ruby hosted the workshop. She delivered the seminar in an empowering and connected environment. She is a family counselor, a hard worker and a devoted Christian.  She has been projecting a very positive influence on me since we met three years ago.  I adore her!


 



For this seminar, Ruby even invited a massage therapist and a Chinese doctor to serve us!

What a luxuery day we had!
















No comments:

Post a Comment