Friday, June 5, 2009

Bésame mucho...

Evening in Oaxaca could be very sensational and charming.

I always want to stay close to the Zocalo whenever I visit a place, no matter in Spain or in Latin America. Zocalo is the centre of religion, transportation, business, culture and politics. It is usually crowed with local residents, vendors, artists, shows and nice restaurants. Palace, city hall, Cathedral and antique buildings are usually located around the main square.
.
.
It was not a holiday when I visited Oaxaca. To my surprise, several bands and even an orchestra were right there at the Zocalo. Music lasted from afternoon to late night. They played saxophone, clarinet, drums, xylophone and other musical instruments.
.
The ancient xylophone sounded very special and nice. I was amazed by it. I watched and watched, and finally I got a chance to try it when the orchestra had a pause.

Meanwhile, people were sitting or standing around them. Some were watching, others were dancing, singing, playing, eating, drinking, chatting or resting. The atmosphere was quite relaxing and dynamic. To me, as a visitor, it was electrifying and thrilling.

.
While I was having fun with the orchestra, a pretty lady approached me and asked me if I would like to join her and her friends for a cup of Tequila. I looked back, a group of people were waving towards me. I hesitated. I told her that I never drunk alcohol. Then, a gentleman came over and introduced himself nicely. He was also a visitor, from Mexico City, and he was there for a sculpture exhibition. He told me others were artists too and they would like to show me their work.

Finally, I joined their group. They were curios about me, so I had to answer their questions. We chatted, laughed, and took photos. We drank and sang. We looked portfolios and we also exchanged email address.

By the time I had to leave, somebody called a trio band to sing for me. We sang together. The last song was "Kiss me, kiss me a lot".
.
Suddenly, I got goose bumps.
.
As if I was back in his arms, his warm and wet breath was upon my face. I saw my myself in his eyes and I had to close my eyes.
.
How I wish to melt in his deep kisses!
.
.
.
Bésame, bésame mucho
Como si fuera esta noche
La última vez
Bésame, bésame mucho
Que tengo miedo a perderte
Perderte después

Quiero tenerte muy cerca
Mirarme en tus ojos
Verte junto a mi
Piensa que tal ves mañana
Yo ya estaré lejos
Muy lejos de ti

Bésame, bésame mucho
Como si fuera esta noche
La última vez
Bésame, bésame mucho
Que tengo miedo a perderte
Perderte después

No comments:

Post a Comment